Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Daddy

As most of you know, my daddy has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Being a daddy's girl all of my life, this news has been life changing, as I wrap my head around a time line being put to my dearest dads life. My dad has been the most influencial person in my life thus far. He taught me how to love, cherish, and value the salvation that Christ has given us on the cross. He revealed to me the wisdom and beauty that the Bible brings to our lives. He taught me the value in living for Christ everyday and the necessity to dig deep into His word and pray without ceasing. He taught me how to keep my heart tender. He taught me how to love and encouarge others with a sensitive heart. He taught me how to change a tire. He taught me to never put a cat in the mail box. He taught me how to share my feelings, and that communication is key to any healthy relationship. I have always been and always will be a daddy's girl (and to be honest a mommy's girl). I love my dad with all my heart, but God is given me such a peace-that passes all my human understanding. Despite the way that I think I should feel, I keep trusting in God, and the ultimate comforter keeps giving me an abundance of it. He knew we were going to be in Minnesota during this time, and I believe he has been prepareing me for this throughout the months we have been here. My dad is at peace with this, and that is such a blessing, as he knows that he will be in paradise sooner then we thought. There are so many miracles that have come from this and we know there are more in store.

My beautiful, talented, wonderful friend Shan Shan took some family photos with us while we were in Cali last month. I love the way she captured the essence of our family. Here are some of my favorite:











2 comments:

Adrian Martinez said...

this makes God look great, sufficient and sovereign. love you guys.

Lauren said...

I will be praying for him and your family. There is such peace in knowing that God is sovereign.