Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Big Move


In my attempt to keep in touch with everyone back home, I am starting a blog. I hope to be consistent with updates and photos, but bear with me as I try hard.

So most of you know that Mark and I made the big move to Minnesota. We drove a big yellow Penske truck across the states and it took about four days. It was fun and easy with the exception of a terrible wind and rain storm on Thursday that almost drove our truck off the road (I was quite scared and tense the whole five hours!) It was raining so hard that the cab of the truck was leaking! But we made it to our new home in one piece, and all our stuff is moved in. We are defiantly not settled yet, still have a lot of boxes to unpack, but we are taking our time (really I am trying to distract myself from being homesick for as long as possible, though it is already setting in). The one saving grace is the amazing view we have from our apartment. We live on a lake and it is just gorgeous! Pictures do not do justice! I just sit in our living room looking out the big window and rejoice that there is no rim of brown smog to ruin God's beauty. But I still miss Cali, don't get me wrong. I will post some pictures of the move and our new place as soon as I find where Mark packed the cord that connects the camera to the computer! Till then, Megs

2 comments:

Rik said...

Hi Meggy. Can't wait to see that view! Sounds so beautiful.

re:"Meg and Markin" - Guess you TWO really WERE blended into ONE on that day! Miss you both and looking forward to more pictures. All my love, Dad

amandacolclough said...

I like your webpage blog thingy!! It is fabulous and beautiful. Now give me pictures, pictures, pictures! Love you, stinky poo!